Monday, December 10, 2012

Fondue date night or eating competition?

Chris and I decided to go out for fondue for dinner tonight as a date night. Between the economy & Ash being born, Chris & I don't go out to eat as often as we once did.
We sat down at our table & ordered everything for our meal. The salad of course is delicious. When is Caesar salad not good? Then the cheese fondue came, we chose the Cheddar one. There was a problem though. Chris was done with his salad already giving him the opportunity to get more of this delicious cheese. I'd swear I turned into a vacuum for that salad while my eyes kept following every forkful he got. I finally got to the cheese too & found myself rushing through it to be sure that he did not get more than me. Ugh. I'm so ashamed. Chris knew what he was getting into when he married though.
I should know better by now that I don't share food well. If I made it yes, but foods I don't get often no. I remember once visiting a friend in NJ after being gone for a while. Her father had gone out and bought 2lbs of butter cookies for all of us. We can't get them in TX so all I could think was "mine".  As we sat at the table & everyone was grabbing cookies I really had to practice self control not to snatch up the box & run for it. Her father must have known somehow as he put his hand on my arm & said, "It's ok. We can go get more tomorrow."  Chris was there to witness this & it sure wasn't the 1st time something like this had happened.
I stand up, loud and proud...My name is Nikki & I'm addicted to food! Gah, it's Christmas cookie season where I give out cookies & treats for presents. I've tried to take over it so that I'm better about sharing it instead of stuffing cookies in my pockets to horde as many as I can. God help me, she's still going to make some. I should just apologize now to the poor people that will be shorted this year on their gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment