Thursday, October 3, 2013

Healthy Chicken with Tomato & Spinach



I'm still pretty amazed at how easy & delicious it is to cook without oils. I'm Italian so of course one of the hardest things about this diet was my pasta so I came up with this to get a little Italian back in my repertoire.  Hope you enjoy!

4 boneless skinless chicken breast, halved
1 bag of fresh spinach leaves
5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 lemons
1/2 cup of water
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil

I found it was always easier to get my pan set up before I started cooking. Place chicken in large skillet, tomatoes, garlic, herbs & top with spinach. Then pour water in. Squeeze as much juice as possible from the lemons over the spinach. Cook on medium heat until chicken is no longer pink, occasionally flipping chicken & adjusting spinach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment