Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya

I'll admit, I'm a total baby when it comes to spicy foods. I run for the water, panting with tears in my eyes. It doesn't make much sense that I should be so intrigued by Cajun food, but I am. I stumbled across this recipe from Uncle Ben's rice & wow, it's sooooooo good & without the major kick. Enjoy!

1 whole chicken breast boneless, skinless and diced
1 lb. Cajun sausage or Andouille sausage cut into 1/2-inch slices
3 stalk celery chopped
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup beef broth
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 bay leaf
2 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 cups Rice
1 medium onion chopped


1. Combine rice, sausage, celery, onion, garlic, beef and chicken broth, bay leaf, pepper, paprika and Worcestershire sauce in large skillet or Dutch oven.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Add chicken, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment