Monday, April 22, 2013

Strawberry Muffins


I love strawberries any way that I can get them. It's all too often that I can't find decent strawberries at the store so for this recipe I used frozen ones. I do try, but just like my blueberry muffins, I can never seem to keep my muffins from getting dyed from the juice. You can add some cinnamon for some extra flavor or even try swapping whole wheat flour instead of all purpose.
 
 
1/4 cup canola oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
Fill muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment