Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie

My sister in law introduced this pie to me last Thanksgiving. I was trying to diet at the time. HA! I ate 2 slices! I refused the leftovers knowing I would probably eat it on the way home.
I think it was 2 days of living with the craving that I caved & baked an entire pie for myself. I should've just taken the leftovers!

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie:
1 deep dish pie crust, frozen
2 eggs
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. butter, soft (1 1/2 sticks)
1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
1 c. milk or semi sweet Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl beat eggs on high speed until foamy (about 3 minutes). Beat in flour and sugars, then butter.
With a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
Pour into pie shell. Bake at 325 for 55-65 minutes (or until the middle no longer jiggles when you move the pie). Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Serve warm with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.

***It's okay if it's a little gooey, that's a good thing!!

***You may want to line the edge of your pie crust with tin foil to keep it from browning too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment