Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Crockpot Ham


I remember every Christmas my mom would make a holiday ham when I was a kid. That ham would be in the oven for hours and I could hardly wait to eat! There's a big difference in the weather between NJ and TX. It's awfully hot here most of the time so I certainly don't want to put the oven on if I can help it. Your crockpot is perfect for this job!

Crockpot Ham:
1 large boneless ham or medium bone in ham. If you have a Bone in ham, just slice off pieces to make it fit.
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1 can pineapple chunks in own juice

Pat the brown sugar around the bottom of the crockpot to make sure it is covered well. Place ham in crockpot. Sprinkle some brown sugar on top of the ham. Pour can of pineapples into crockpot and over ham. You only need about 1/2 of the juice. Cover; cook on High for 4 1/2 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment