Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Weight Loss Challenge

I brought up to my husband last week about a weight loss challenge. Our love of food and lack of energy to exercise has taken its toll. I was always very active and so I was thin. I had some allergy issues a few years back and steroids were prescribed very regularly. Naturally, I blew up fairly quickly. I also found comfort in food after quitting smoking. Raise your hands, I'm not the only one.
I'm tired of being uncomfortable. I'm tired of not liking how I look. I'm ready to reclaim my body! Now, let me give the million excuses of why I don't have time to workout while I eat some ice cream. Haha
Since my husband and I will be doing this, I was hopeful that the support of each other would be enough to help us reach our goals. I think we both thought we could let each other off the hook so we'll just leave it that the 1st day of the diet was an epic fail.
Today went rather well though! I was quite proud of myself for staying within my allotted calories. As for exercise, I walked around several stores running errands in 106 degree heat. That has to count for something!
I hope that as this challenge goes on you all will also be my motivation. Anybody interested in joining a team, let me know! We can all lose it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment