Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lemon Basil Pork Chop Pasta

I had a couple of requests for this recipe so I thought putting it here would be a good idea.
When I cook, I like to "eyeball" measurements and I'm very much a "according to taste" person. Some people like more flavor than others so just minimize or add ingredients to what you prefer. No way is really right, as long as the right stuff ends up on the plate. Enjoy!

Lemon basil pork chop pasta:

6 boneless pork chops
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 box of whichever pasta you prefer.
2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
Dressing:
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chopped garlic

I prefer to have my pork chops cubed. I think it gets more flavor & then you don't have to cut it up later. I also prefer to grill these on my indoor George Foreman, but you can cook on stovetop or bake.
Trim fat and cube pork chops. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over chops and sprinkle basil, lemon pepper, and garlic. Mix well to make sure they are well coated. Place chops on grill until cooked through.
Cook your pasta according to box directions. I'm a real fan of those Barilla mini pastas. Take all of your dressing ingredients and mix together, pouring over your cooked pasta in a bowl. Add your grated Parmesan, folding into your pasta and dressing mixture. Toss your grilled pork chops in there and you have a yummy summer meal! This dressing also goes great over salads!

1 comment:

  1. You def need to keep posting reciepts, cause when I get my kitchen back I'm going to try some of them :) It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete