Sunday, July 1, 2012

Who's food is it anyway?



   Hi all, it's been a busy couple of days. I had a friend over the other day recovering from surgery so to surprise her, I made her some coffee cake. Now, this is usually hit or miss. Either it comes out perfect or the crumbs will sink into the cake or my very favorite, it will just rise too much dumping the crumbs and batter into my oven. That is when it gets real interesting folks. Anyway, I was lucky enough to have success with this one. YUM!
  My husband brought home brisket tacos for dinner that night. Even though my son had finished his dinner, he was eyeballing my tacos. I gave him a few pieces of brisket and then told him that it was momma's taco. He pointed to himself. I said, " This is momma's. Ash doesn't have a taco." He then  looked down at the foil wrapped tacos on the counter and pointed to let me know that clearly, those were his and proceeded to then smile at me. How can I resist that kind of cuteness? Needless to say, we know who's food it was really.

2 comments:

  1. Can you give me the receipt for the crumb cake? I'd like to try it one day. :)

    ReplyDelete