Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Confessions of a video gaming momma

I love video games. My sister and I shared my fathers old Intellivision/Atari when we were kids while the other kids had their new Nintendos. We were only allowed to play when we weren't grounded or if we convinced my father to play. I still have that Intellivision/Atari and I wish all the games still worked. They were awesome! I'm excited to see how many of them are actually being brought back into updated formats. Sadly, some will never be though like our beloved Burger Time will never be because of rights issues.
When we bought our very 1st brand new home computer, my parents let me pick out one game. I couldn't have possibly picked a better game. I had no idea that I was actually picking a series game that is still one of the best I've played. Quest for Glory: Shadows of Darkness. I still adore this game and wish that someone would update it. If they can get Myst as an iPhone app, surely they can get the Quest for Glory series on there.
I have played hundreds of games since then and kept every single one of my systems. There's a history there that I can't seem to get rid of. I want to share that with Ash as he gets older. I'm not sure why it's so important to me, but even if the graphics weren't that great in Oregon Trail as they are in something like God of War, both are fantastic games and I hope that he will want to share in that. haha Of course, he has quite some time before he is ready for anything like God of War.....maybe when he's 25.
I love Rock Band and World of Warcraft and have recently introduced Ash to these. He's very interested in World of Warcraft and of course loves music so he sings and dances with me as we play. I love being able to share not only what he loves, but what I love as well with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment