Friday, August 10, 2012

Crock Pot Lime Chicken and Rice


I love crock pot meals. I love that I can just dump stuff in there and it'll be ok. Lazy cooking is good cooking! Since I work ridiculously crazy hours to keep Ash home with me, I finish up early enough to be able to start dinner. It still gives me plenty of time to be able to do whatever else I need to do or want to cook. I have a friend that has had some health issues lately and has been eating lots and lots and lots of salads to eat healthier. With my own diet under way I thought of her with this recipe. I do like salad, but I still love food & we all deserve that variety.

Crock Pot Lime Chicken and Rice:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 limes
2 cloves garlic, minced
Mrs Dash Fiesta lime seasoning
Mrs Dash Caribbean citrus seasoning
1 1/2 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cups uncooked brown or white rice

Cut your limes and squeeze as much of the juice as possible into the crock pot. Place your chicken breasts in pot. Pour in chicken broth. Put garlic on top of the chicken & add as much of the seasoning as you like. Cook on low for 7 hours until juices of chicken run clear. Add the rice during the last 15 minutes. Stir it up and it's ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment